1. This is what Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem:
2. In the last days the mountain of the LORD's temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.
3. Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4. He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.
5. Come, O house of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the LORD.
6. You have abandoned your people, the house of Jacob. They are full of superstitions from the East; they practice divination like the Philistines and clasp hands with pagans.
7. Their land is full of silver and gold; there is no end to their treasures. Their land is full of horses; there is no end to their chariots.
8. Their land is full of idols; they bow down to the work of their hands, to what their fingers have made.
9. So man will be brought low and mankind humbled-- do not forgive them.
10. Go into the rocks, hide in the ground from dread of the LORD and the splendor of his majesty!
11. The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day.