13. This is the fate of those who trust in themselves, and of their followers, who approve their sayings. Selah
14. Like sheep they are destined for the grave, and death will feed on them. The upright will rule over them in the morning; their forms will decay in the grave, far from their princely mansions.
15. But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me to himself. Selah
16. Do not be overawed when a man grows rich, when the splendor of his house increases;
17. for he will take nothing with him when he dies, his splendor will not descend with him.
18. Though while he lived he counted himself blessed-- and men praise you when you prosper-
19. they will join those who have gone before them, who will never again see the light of life .
20. People who have wealth but lack understanding are like the beasts that perish.