6. If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed.
7. Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly.
8. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
9. This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance
10. (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.
11. Command and teach these things.
12. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
13. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching.
14. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
15. Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.
16. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.