1. My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart,
2. for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.
3. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
4. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
5. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6. in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
7. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
8. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
9. Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10. then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.