1. The LORD said to Moses,
2. "Command the Israelites to bring you clear oil of pressed olives for the light so that the lamps may be kept burning continually.
3. Outside the curtain of the Testimony in the Tent of Meeting, Aaron is to tend the lamps before the LORD from evening till morning, continually. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come.
4. The lamps on the pure gold lampstand before the LORD must be tended continually.
5. "Take fine flour and bake twelve loaves of bread, using two-tenths of an ephah for each loaf.
6. Arrange them in two rows, six in each row, on the table of pure gold before the LORD.
7. By each stack put some pure incense as a memorial portion to represent the bread and to be a food offering presented to the LORD.
8. This bread is to be set out before the LORD regularly, Sabbath after Sabbath, on behalf of the Israelites, as a lasting covenant.
9. It belongs to Aaron and his sons, who are to eat it in the sanctuart area, because it is a most holy part of their perpetual share of the food offerings presented to the LORD.