Share board | Subscription | Print
25 Wed
Gods Wise Plans
[ Proverbs 21:15 - 21:31 ]
15. When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.
16. Whoever strays from the path of prudence comes to rest in the company of the dead.
17. Whoever loves pleasure will become poor; whoever loves wine and oil will never be rich.
18. The wicked become a ransom for the righteous, and the unfaithful for the upright.
19. Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife.
20. The wise store of choice food and oil, but fools gulp their down.
21. Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.
22. One who is wise can go up against the city of the mighty and pulls down the stronghold in which they trust.
23. Those who guards their mouths and their tongues keeps themselves from calamity.
24. The proud and arrogant person-"Mocker" is his name; he behaves with insolent fury.
25. The craving of a sluggard will be the death of him, because his hands refuse to work.
26. All day long he craves for more, but the righteous give without sparing.
27. The sacrifice of the wicked is detestable-- how much more so when brought with evil intent!
28. A false witness will perish, but a careful listener will testify successfully.
29. The wicked put up a bold front, but the upright man gives thought to their ways.
30. There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.
31. The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD.

Gods Way (21:15–16, 30–31)
These verses point to the justice, righteousness, success, and victory of the LORD. Those who love Gods justice welcome it, while those who invest in evil and injustice fear it (v. 15); the path of righteousness (prudence) offers life (v. 16). If our plans go against God, they will not succeed (v. 30). And while we can prepare and train for spiritual battle (and we are called to do our part), ultimate victory comes from God (v. 31). In these proverbs, we find that when God is at the center of your life, there is blessing and joy. Do not try to do things with your own strength. Put your trust in God.

Wisdom with Money (21:17–29)
Several of the proverbs in this section deal with finances. The godly and wise use money with foresight, restraint, and frugality, being sure to also save up for the future, while the foolish spend liberally and carelessly, serving only themselves and their own desires (vv. 17, 20). Most of us want the fastest internet and cable, the latest video games, or that daily dose of expensive coffee—but is that really a wise way to spend our money? It is no wonder we have nothing left to offer others who are truly in need (v. 26). Remember that even though we may tithe only 10 percent of what we earn, the other 90 percent belongs to God, too. True wealth is found when we seek Gods righteousness (v. 21).

- Are you facing difficult circumstances? Instead of trying to deal with them in the flesh or control the situation, pray and seek God in this moment. Do not waste this opportunity to grow your faith.

- Living in debt to keep up a certain lifestyle is an indication of the idols of your heart. How do you spend your money? Do you primarily spend it to satisfy your own desires, or do you spend it for Gods glory?

A Letter to
Lord, forgive me for trying to work things out by my own strength. Help me to remember that You alone have the power to control the storms of life that come my way. Grant me safety through all the battles I face. In Jesus name. Amen.
Nov : 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
This is the outgoing mail, which is sent to the person who agreed to receive SWIM mail.
If you don't want to receive mails, you can access to and deal with them directly at QTLife>SubscribeQT>stop receiving mail or send mail to
Mailing service : SWIM | Tel : 02-796-3217 | Email : | Update :
: ()ζ뼭 | Tel : 02-2078-3200 | Email :
All Rights Reserved (c)DURANNO